I wish Sonoma County Would Host... (part I)
This past weekend I went to the San Francisco Street Food Festival to indulge my deep love affair with all things delicious and delectable. The festival, despite its lack of parking accommodations (for which I spent a grand $2 for a single hour) consisted of throngs of attendees waiting patiently in line for stellar sweet and savory dishes. Most appealing was the cost as all dishes were $8 and under. In other words, this was a one time opportunity to enjoy a Slanted Door dish without going completely bankrupt. Why am I telling you about something old? Because you can catch the sister event Eat Real Festival in Oakland next weekend.

Food for thought: In a county that boasts spectacular local produce, and wine, why can't we seem to host a food fest that is affordable for the rest of the population?

I wish Sonoma County Would Host... (part II)
The 2nd annual Rock Make Street Festival this past Sunday was great. With 12 Bay Area bands performing on two stages and 50+ local artists and craftspeople showing their wares, I was thoroughly entertained and impressed. What was even better? The featured indie bands were actually good.

Food for thought cont'd: Where there is wine, there is always music. So where is Sonoma County's music scene? Is there only jazz?